Trackers

TOMLEAF

Tracker network is the one I'd go for. They use a VHF transmitter with an option for alert if the vehicle is moved. I had 2 fitted years ago so not up to date on latest system.

I work in the security trade and know that GPS network systems can be jammed by a simple device you plug into the cigaret lighter for power. As far as I am aware all GPS trackers can be jammed like this. A bit like your mobile with no signal in a lift.

I think Tracker Networks can also offer a combined VHF and GPS tracker if you want to monitor position of vehicle yourself.

If you get vehicle form new then you used to be able to buy outright instead of yearly. Payback was then about 3 years. If you have a vehicle for 10 years it cost me £70 a year. On car insurance it can save this on a premium every year so it costs nothing.

Try a company called sattrak. They come to site to fit. Bear in mind that any wired in tracker is easily ripped out. I have a small wireless magnetic device that just needs a recharge once a month, no monthly fees, and uses a mobile sim. It can be hidden anywhere.

Which one do you use Dan? I tried one that sounds like yours but the battery life was only a couple óf days.

Try a company called sattrak. They come to site to fit. Bear in mind that any wired in tracker is easily ripped out. I have a small wireless magnetic device that just needs a recharge once a month, no monthly fees, and uses a mobile sim. It can be hidden anywhere.

This is interesting, is the magnetic device from sattrak also?

The steering wheel lock I recommend is the DISCLOCK, available from all good book shops, fits around steering wheel, nice and heavy duty...also recommended for all modern keyless entry vehicles as are easy to break in and reprogram a substitute igniton key...also could use a Land Rover style clutch and brake pedal lock with it.