Would a jcb power pack run a splitter ?

gensetsteve

Has anyone tried to run a medium size log splitter of a Jcb power pack the ones that run the road drills with a honda petrol engine

yes the power pack does run a splitter...

the (honda or diesel engine)beaver breaker has a very high pressure pump..

the pack will power any ram...:001_smile:

77-6663612.jpg.b1454385659e185fc4d6740eeeb3077a.jpg

I have a sheppach ox 3 three phase but no supply. I could fit the pump onto a 13hp honda engine I have. Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor. It needs about 17 kva genset to run it I currently have it running on A 12.5 kva ok on beech would not want to use it on oak.

What sort of ram could you run imean how many tons of pressure can you get from a powerpack.

The tons of pressure is not to do with the pump really its the diameter of the ram piston, the more surface area of the ram piston the more PSI it can exert. The problem is, the fatter the cylinder the more fluid you need to make it fast acting hence the more Litres per min you need.

If you have a 10l/m pump running a 2" diametre piston/ram then you swap it for a 4" diameter piston it's going to drop the speed the ram moves dramatically, because it's doubling the volume of fluid needed to fill the cylinder

The tons of pressure is not to do with the pump really its the diameter of the ram piston, the more surface area of the ram piston the more PSI it can exert. The problem is, the fatter the cylinder the more fluid you need to make it fast acting hence the more Litres per min you need.

If you have a 10l/m pump running a 2" diametre piston/ram then you swap it for a 4" diameter piston it's going to drop the speed the ram moves dramatically, because it's doubling the volume of fluid needed to fill the cylinder

Quadrupling it I think :sneaky2: πr^2