Jo Beau B31-110

oakeydokie

Does anybody know if the grinding arm moves down at the beginning of each pass in auto mode operation?

My understanding is this only happens once where the arm grinds left to right and back before lowering to start the process again doubling the time to grind a stump versus manual operated machines where you can lower the grind head before each pass.

Can the machine be operated in manual mode as well as auto?

Have asked Jo Beau & Global but they're on Easter Holiday so hoping someone on here may be able to help.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1428177988.740656.jpg.e08f00d9f171940344cbc3def75a9b89.jpg

Does anybody know if the grinding arm moves down at the beginning of each pass in auto mode operation?

My understanding is this only happens once where the arm grinds left to right and back before lowering to start the process again doubling the time to grind a stump versus manual operated machines where you can lower the grind head before each pass.

Can the machine be operated in manual mode as well as auto?

Have asked Jo Beau & Global but they're on Easter Holiday so hoping someone on here may be able to help.

[ATTACH]179911[/ATTACH]

Was that a 2x Poplar stumps by any chance ?

Yes, it drops one notch on the return of each pass, back and forth drop, and so on,

Yes, it does seem slow

Yes, it can work a lot faster on manual operation and on Reds

Yes, once you get used to it its a brilliant bit of kit

Yes, I think you have just demo'd my machine

And that will be my second Jo Beau tracked grinder

I could be wrong, best grinder on the market. :thumbup1:

It was, there were three and I'm guessing you're the guy that had the chipper demo but left before we did the third using the predator 38.

No, im the chap who just bought the grinder without even seeing it, thats because it will be my second one, i love them, now i am one step behind the posts here and i assume you are going to say that the predator was a lot faster ? wrong.

Was that a new or demo machine jessie? And who off? Cheers

Dean is now the man to ask, the machine on the landy is mine, had it from new and its about 18 mths old, the photos are only a few weeks old, its been my baby and ernt me a mint, not done many hours, its in great condition, and Dean has given me a great deal on a new one, and a Bandit hb20n , i have a fetish for all things new, never normally keep anything more than a year old, and normally just for the hell of it, try something else, but the Jo Beau has just been fantastic, and the resid value made the whole deal a no brainer, it reaches the parts other grinders can not, grinds deeper and does not break down, its weight should also be considered, at around 600kg it can be ramped on top of retaining walls, from the back of the landy i have put it on a 7' wall, and its worked of the footing walls of new build without damaging the new walls :thumbup1: