Promax spider 22.10

Aaron Gustar

thats a Platform Basket model.Promax is a dealer. You might want to look at a few threads that Dean Lofthouse has written about platform basket

Not that i am biased but a Cela dt24 spyder could be worth a look:thumbup1:

Platform Basket is the new name for "Basket" a company that manufactured the "Basket RQG18" machine, which has had two near fatal accidents(that we know about) in the UK.

One of those accidents was me and the other was Chris Baxter. We were both told by the supplier that Basket had gone out of business. Obviously a little white lie or the company has had that many law suits involving that particular machine they have shut down and restarted in another name.

Promax were brilliant on the sales and backup side, I honestly can't complain, I would even approach them if I wanted another machine. The only side that let them down was trying to blame the accidents on operator error rather than admitting the machine was faulty.

I won't go into detail because its not fair on Promax

I found it quite alarming that Basket wasn't putting safety before sales and the fact that there were literally hundreds of these machines being used with a potentially lethal fault.

If I were to buy another machine I would steer clear of Basket, simply because they have obviously heard about the accidents and haven't recalled the machines, rather they just shut down and restarted in another name.

After a lot of research, If i were to buy another machine I would buy Teupen, Teupon do not rely on sensors to the degree a basket machine does and everything is fail to safe

www.teupen.com

Teupen leo, either 18 or 23m

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Well I've been told that the 22.10 does not have the faults that the 18 does. It's a 2012 model. Do you know if this it true? Thanks.

Anything with a "variable leg" configuration will have to rely on sensors. TBH after the way basket (the company) have dodged their responsibility and put lives at risk, I wouldn't trust them to say anything. It took a high court judge at the royal courts of justice in london to say the machines were faulty and it wasn't the fault of the operator.

Not knocking teupen here. the Cela dt24 is a more compact unit than the GT23 and will go a bit higher too.Also has 14 metre up and over. And 4.5 metres negative .And full radio remote

Cons.Does not have 200kg in full working envelope

Not knocking teupen here. the Cela dt24 is a more compact unit than the GT23 and will go a bit higher too.Also has 14 metre up and over. And 4.5 metres negative .And full radio remote

Cons.Does not have 200kg in full working envelope

Impressive machine Kimtree, never seen that one before.

http://www.vertikal.net/fileadmin/journals/ca/2012/ca_2012_7_p53.pdf