Stihl Ms 150t warranty issue ???

rick k

Earlier this week the attachment ring on the back of my Ms 150t pulled out of the saw sending the saw crashing down to the ground , resulting in a very smashed up saw.

I hear it's a common fault , but my question is, should this be repaired on warranty as the saw is only six months old and clearly isn't fit for purpose

Any one else had this problem ?

My local dealer doesn't want to know.

I know were you are coming from has I own one too But they have made the loop that way to break away from Climber if saw was too get stuck in a large limb when falling has same has Strop designed to break away .

That is there getout of jail card

I try my best not too drop saw on strop .

Ste

What's your age Rick.

This sounds like a common operator fault. When the operator, tossing his saw away into his strop instead of hanging it in its designated place is older than one year than the warranty on him doesn't apply anymore. :mad:

I'm 36 with 10 years experience climbing- Never had a problem with a 200t

For a six month old saw to fail under proper use, it simply isn't fit for purpose

You should be able to get it sorted. Even if it is meant to come off under the load of a large limb, is shouldn't by just dropping it. I remember on another thread someone saying they'd spoken to stihl at a show and they were in the proses of making a stronger loop.

• 3 weeks later...