worth anything?

mike1987

pear tree unknown cultivar approx 24 inch diameter and clean stem for about 10 foot.

lots of fairly straight branches at between 12 and 15 inch diameter no signs of rot from the outside.

tree is located in norton near middlesbrough and is still standing i will get some photos of the tree put up as soon as i get chance.

one of my regular garden maintenance customers has requested the tree be removed as she is concerned about it hitting houses behind it even after repeated assurance from both me and a local arborist that the tree is in good health

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pear is a good hard timber and that specimen should definitely be milled, don't let it get logged up...

i'f you can get it milled i may be interested in the wood.

should really of mentioned there's no way of getting whole round lengths out so would need to be milled on site

right it appears my phone has eaten the pics if anyone has a mill in the north east and wants to give it a go i can arrange a time to go view it im not after making millions from it but the customer has said if i can find a market for it then i can sell it and offset some of my cost to be fair i would give it away in exchange for either something made from either it or a similar tree or a few boards from it i would also provide some labour to whoever mills it as ive always wanted a chainsaw mill and funds don't yet allow

How urgent is it that this comes out?

If you don't get any other offers then I could probably provide the milling if Steve wants to buy the timber - I come up to Middlesbrough fairly regularly and get down Steve's way from time to time. Not sure if I'm up in December but if not the definitely will be in January. Maximum size I could shift back is 8' lengths, and I couldn't move the lot in one go, but there may be a 3-way deal here involving you ending up with boards, me ending up taking boards away and Steve buying them from me.

I can also attest to how hard pear is - very nice timber once dry, but a bit tricky to season without splitting.

Alec

How urgent is it that this comes out?

If you don't get any other offers then I could probably provide the milling if Steve wants to buy the timber - I come up to Middlesbrough fairly regularly and get down Steve's way from time to time. Not sure if I'm up in December but if not the definitely will be in January. Maximum size I could shift back is 8' lengths, and I couldn't move the lot in one go, but there may be a 3-way deal here involving you ending up with boards, me ending up taking boards away and Steve buying them from me.

I can also attest to how hard pear is - very nice timber once dry, but a bit tricky to season without splitting.

Alec

It won't be coming out till Jan the three way deal sounds good as long as steve is interested in it I will let you know the dates it's coming down and we can arrange something