tachograph, help i aint got a clue!

fergusonforestry

nobody seems to explain it clearly enough to me, almost like i'm supposed to know it already, well i don't, in fact it makes my head hurt trying to understand real basic use never mind getting into the regs etc :confused1: and that's just a paper disc job if faced with a digital tacho all i could do is put my card in it and swear at it :blushing:

previously i was subject to domestic so i didn't need to bother but now i do, i asked on day one how does this work? shown how to fill in the details and then told ' just select eh aye that'll do as long as it records something' WTF!? then they walked off! REAL HELPFULL! :thumbdown: anyone got a complete idiots guide? i mean real basic, i have trouble understanding things sometimes especially with numbers :blushing:

Full in the disk, put it in the right way. Set to other work for a few mins each morning to show your doing your walk around checks then onto driving whilst you deive then other work whilst on site working. Switch to break after 4 hours for 45mins then back to work or driving take it out when you get home. Something like that

Other work is cross hammers which looks like an X a square box with a diagonal is period of availability to use when waiting to work. Steering wheel is driving.

Fill out paper chart. Your Name at top village or town start from underneath then leave next blank to fill in at end of day. Where you finish.

Then start odometer reading is the middle of the last three lines. Then end if day reading above. Subtract the start km from finish and put in bottom done

Digicard insert card so your photo is facing down and that the photo end is last to enter machine.

Start country U.K. Select yes.

24hr day select no

Manual entry select no.

Print out select no.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/208091/rules-on-drivers-hours-and-tachographs-goods-vehicles-in-gb-and-europe.pdf

If you come under EU regs at any time during the fixed week - known as week - which is from sunday midnight to sunday midnight then all other work during that week must be officially recorded

The easiest way to record that other work on days when not under EU regs is to use separate analogue cards - one for each day with your name date start and finish times on each

After each card gets to 29 calendar days it can be binned

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by ROG.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/208091/rules-on-drivers-hours-and-tachographs-goods-vehicles-in-gb-and-europe.pdf

If you come under EU regs at any time during the fixed week - known as week - which is from sunday midnight to sunday midnight then all other work during that week must be officially recorded

The easiest way to record that other work on days when not under EU regs is to use separate analogue cards - one for each day with your name date start and finish times on each

After each card gets to 29 calendar days it can be binned

Does that applt to LGV drivers as well? I thought the haulier had to keep them for two years, to give the traffic commissioner more to tut tut at!