6.3m pole saw

Gardenmac

I assume you mean the silky Hayauchi given the length & price difference mentioned.

I have the Stallion (may of come from FR Jones but don't quote me on that as I couldn't say without checking my records) although I have developed a very bad habit of referring to it as a silky as that is what everyone refers to it as when they ask me to bring it to a job despite me explaining the difference god knows how many thousands of times (there is only so many time you can explain it before you give in).

I recently bought both a new Stallion and a Hayauchi blade from From FR Jones to compare them as they are interchangeable and to be honest the stallion blade does a better job even though it is about half the price so whichever you go for I would suggest using the stallion blades.

Maintenance wise invest in a 5L bottle of wd40 as good lubrication keeps it extending smoothly & whatever you do don't drop it from the top of a massive eucalyptus while fully extended because it will bend the middle section & it will never be quite the same again no matter how many times you try straightening it.

The only thing I don't like about the Stallion is the length of it when you are trying to get it into a vehicle & you don't have a trailer with you for one reason or another.

• 2 months later...

Managed to break my stallion the other day. I had barely scratched an 8" horse chestnut limb when it decided to drop snagging the saw as it did so which resulted in the middle pole section of the saw snapping in half.

Sent a quick email to Cutting Edge explaining what happened & got a prompt reply saying they have full spares backup for all their products & a very reasonable price for a replacement part which I can purchase via Jonesie as I have dealt with him in the past.

Thought this was worth adding to this thread as after sale support/spare part availability is always worth taking into consideration when buying tools.

Edited by Couldyajust