Husqvarna HA 110 Hedge Cutter Attatchment Maintenance

mowandgo

I have had this hedge cutter attatchment a few months i run it on my Husqvarna 327 combi and I think its perfomance is amazing. However I found its hard to adjust the bolts on the hedge cutter bar. All though it has a grease nipple I find Its hard to know when to stop pumping so I take the cover off and aply round pinion by hand. I found the Stihl long reach attachment easyer to maintain but not as nice to use and no short pole option which I love so much on the Husqvarna. Does any one else have such troubles with Hedge Cutters?

Adjusting the blade bolts is simple, but should not need doing often. But it does enable you to keep the blades as close as possible, compensating for wear. This cannot be done with the almighty Stihl.

To adjust, loosen the locknut on the top of the bar, then wind the bolt in until it just bottoms. This will 'nip' the blades, so just back the bolt off by half a turn. Hold it in place with a spanner whilst you lock down the locknut on top.

Keep the blades well oiled and the interval between adjusting will be greatly extended.

As said, with greasing, little and often is the key. If you do overgrease the reciprocating part of the box it will do no harm. Sure, it will be a little slow to get started but will soon 'pump' the excess grease past the felt seals.

The bevel boxes need much less greasing as there is nowhere for the grease to go.

Greasing i do find quite easy and do it little and often. However the bar bolts seem to pinch so the hedge cutter is locked tight unless the bolts are finger tight as soon as i lightly tighten with spanner it jams. Runs & cuts fine finger tight. Iam just wondering weather thats the way it is or iam doing somthing wrong or theres somthing wrong with hedge cutter. I have had a Stihl gear box blow up wear a roller pin came lose to be fair it had done alot of work. A regular grease maybe sharpen and the stihl is maintenance free. The husqvarna seems higher maintenance but i realy like it cause its smoother cuts quicker and i seem to do better quality job with it. Engine unit is lighter and revs and revs and revs great!

The bolts go through the two blades into the threaded support bar. As said before, nip them up, then back half a turn so the blades just slide. Then hold the bolt in this position and lock the nut down against the bar.

The only thing that stops this from working is if the thread in the support bar is stripped, but unless you have been very heavy handed this will not be the case.

After playing about i managed to figure it out and its running & cutting very well. I tighted the top nut againts thread on bar but it seemed to pinnch on bottom washer & bolt. I just backed off the bottom bolt alot more and tightend last. Each bottom washer moves and touches bar and bolt cutter bar moves very freely. Jobs a gooden Thanks Garden Kit!

After playing about i managed to figure it out and its running & cutting very well. I tighted the top nut againts thread on bar but it seemed to pinnch on bottom washer & bolt. I just backed off the bottom bolt alot more and tightend last. Each bottom washer moves and touches bar and bolt cutter bar moves very freely. Jobs a gooden Thanks Garden Kit!

:thumbup1: