Pto winch on front likage.

I want to fit a winch to the front linkage of a Valtra n141, any suggestions as to what make or model would be suitable? bearing in mind the shafts running at 1000 rpm, and are there any additional dangers attached to winching operations using a winch attached to the front?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a farmi 5 ton winch on my john deere.and it works great.

things to think about are....

make sure you winch fits type one linkage as the front linkage is not adjustable for width between link arms.

make sure your front pto turns the same way as rear or you will lose your brake if a ratchet type

front pto runs at 1000 rpm so cut revs down on tractor to run winch at 500 or so,or else wire will come in far to fast to be safe.this may reduce power available to winch but mine pulls 5 ton no probs,can stall the tractor if given some real welly on winch!!!

the big advantage on front linkage is that the lift arms have a power down facility so a really good ground anchor can be achieved.

makes a great logging blade and excellent for shoving in bonfires erm

good luck

jake

Good info above on front linkage winches.

Remember that you'll need a 540/1000 shaft ie 21 splines tractor side 8 winch side. The do exist but they are costly.

Other options are a one that runs off the hydraulics like this EV 300

Some front PTOs do go anti clockwise which makes it a hell of a lot easier to make it all work as you dont need a reverse gearbox in there too. I think Valtras do go anti on the front.

Best option is to find a local person with a winch and put it on the front of your tractor. No winch suppliers i have found will bring you a demo unit so they send you to someone to see them working. Which can be miles away not useful when you want to see if it fits on the Linkage.

Look at the Rabaud Tirmax 4 its run by tractor hydraulics, from 1 spool, it has a 4 tonne constant line pull and uses a chain instead of a cable. A bit different to the norm, but we have supplied one to a local estate and they work it hard. has a 3 way direectional lower blade as well. no need for front pto, just use the linkage.

Remember that you'll need a 540/1000 shaft ie 21 splines tractor side 8 winch side. The do exist but they are costly.

All you need is an adaptor, about a tenner :001_smile:

Or you can remove the 6-spline female from one end and just fit a 1000 spline female for about the same cost.

Cheers for the reply's. I was hoping for 8 ton or more, but the only 2 manufacturers that do a purpose built winch are Krpan and tajfun, but the biggest they do is about 5 or 6 ton. Are there any others??

I'll check on the Krpan tomorrow to see if it has two pto stubs. It does have a wide and a narrow linkage setting. Its 9.5 tonne.