Is it worth buying a pto saw bench?

Hotrod81

I am considering buying a pro saw bench as I currently have around 20 ton of birch and Sitka spruce to log up. Most is around 8" diameter and I am fed up cutting it with chainsaw. I have a regular supply of this stuff so am basically asking if it is worth buying one as I already have a tractor and pto splitter. Which one is best as they mostly all look the same but in different colour schemes.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering buying a pro saw bench as I currently have around 20 ton of birch and Sitka spruce to log up. Most is around 8" diameter and I am fed up cutting it with chainsaw. I have a regular supply of this stuff so am basically asking if it is worth buying one as I already have a tractor and pto splitter. Which one is best as they mostly all look the same but in different colour schemes.

Thanks in advance

As you have a tractor, then yes, don't know which is best though.

Adding a conveyer triples the price though and brings you into s/h processor territory.

That's exactly why I don't own a saw bench, couldn't quite see the point in the machine on it's own but with a conveyor it became far too expensive.

Why do you need a conveyor if you use IBC containers stood at the side of the sawbench the wood goes straight in.

That's down to personal preference. I agree if that's all you do that and only that a saw bench might be worth buying, but I personally would want a diverse machine i.e if I had a stack of billets located in perhaps a nearby woodland and the end product needed to be loaded into a grain trailer or any trailer for that matter, the conveyor would increase production time and save back ache.

Just my opinion.