Grass mowing

NoRush

I'm thinking of doing some grass mowing for our village as the parish council aren't happy with the contractors. I've do plenty of mowing in the past but through a farmer so only ever change hourly. What sort of price would you charge for a football pitch and would you do it weekly in summer or depending on grass growth.

I'm thinking of doing some grass mowing for our village as the parish council aren't happy with the contractors. I've do plenty of mowing in the past but through a farmer so only ever change hourly. What sort of price would you charge for a football pitch and would you do it weekly in summer or depending on grass growth.

Price will depend on what your going cut it with, could take a couple of hours or all day.

You need a trailed Gang mower for a football pitch. Either powered or in-powered. We've used a Hayter 7-Gang mower, takes less than 1/2hr.

Alternatively a Hayter or Ransomes 3-cylinder ride-on gang would take longer.

During the summer, you'd have to cut once a week or 2 - 3 times per month.

Matt

You will be up against the big contractors who get all the public sector work - like John o Connor, Tillbrooks, Frank Cooper, Glendale. All with big pockets for the best kit, who will be able to undercut you. We've got 4x school contracts, we don't make a lot in the summer due to the number of cuts required. The big contractors with 20+ schools can afford to loose money on the smaller sites as they have economies of scale on their side.

You will be up against the big contractors who get all the public sector work - like John o Connor, Tillbrooks, Frank Cooper, Glendale. All with big pockets for the best kit, who will be able to undercut you. We've got 4x school contracts, we don't make a lot in the summer due to the number of cuts required. The big contractors with 20+ schools can afford to loose money on the smaller sites as they have economies of scale on their side.

+1 got OCS as well going for them. its a cut throat market big boys big toys who can do it in 10will undercut the small boy with a smaller mower due to costs. still got 3 nice parish contracts s fed up with the big boys.

its hard to say how much look at it work out how many runs it will take and say its going to cost x. i do playing fields every two weeks untill cricket starts then every week they like it short outfields 20mm or under as per ECB guidlines. i do mine20mm. seem happy with it. but i think what i charge is cheap for job but any dearer and would not get contract parish councils have very few friends. no matter how good you are if x puts in a price cheaper will go for cheaper price. untill they make a crap job. like two of mine then got me to get it back to standard. that was a very big contractor doing there work who got the boot,