Which kindling wood processor?

cessna

Kindlet is the best machine on the market but to get the most out of it best with two operators. Or yes you can operate single handed and have the sticks fall into a rota bagger.

HI ALL and JOY no.s here stuff :thumbup1:well done you no what you told me at the arb stand there well made processor well done fuelwood and joy on the stand thanks jon :thumbup:

I find that you need 2 people with the rottabagger ,i prefer to use the shoot on my own as i mainly do the 60x40cm bags ,but if im doing the 50x40bags it's a bit of a race to keep up with it on my own ,i made 1000 57x37cm bags in july in 2and a half days using 6inch round wood with the shoot on my own,i had to be on the ball the keep up with it ,i had a look at the posh autosplit at the A.P.F ,it's a handy machine it will do 8inch logs or kindling out of rings up to 10inch for only £7800 inc v.a..t,has anyone got one of thease machines ,im thinking about changing my kindlet for one of them next year .

My 230volt Posch Autosplit is going on arbtrader tonight. Its a year old and has only done about a thousand nets! It was bought for my wife to use but since then she's dropped another sprog so it hasn't been used in 9 months! It's a brilliant machine... It will split 8" long kindling into either loose filled nets or fold down the chute for neatly stacked nets. At a twist of a dial, it will then make logs which can be neatly netted easily. It is like brand new (except for a bit of paint missing from the cutting knife!).

The way its going there must be nearly as many kindling machines as there are wood burners. :biggrin: Do people buy them just to make their kindling for log sales or wholesale as well. Margins are tight and making your own on a small scale to save a few coppers it must take forever to earn your money back.

The way its going there must be nearly as many kindling machines as there are wood burners. :biggrin: Do people buy them just to make their kindling for log sales or wholesale as well. Margins are tight and making your own on a small scale to save a few coppers it must take forever to earn your money back.

Not really... I personally think if you have the spare time and space, then there's good money to be made. Better than logs in some way!

The way we saw it was my wifes time was free time anyway. She was doing admin work for me since our first child was born and she had left her job.

This is how it worked for us:

She could do 50 nets (60cm x 45cm loose filled) in just over an hour on her own.

When I was up the yard, at the end of the day I would spend 30mins cutting the 8" rings on the processor straight into the tipper. I would bring them home and tip out straight next the kindling machine.

My wife would then process the wood into nets and load onto pallets on a trailer.

I was selling alot of them along with my firewood sales for £4 a net but I also sold wholesale to a few local firewood dealers.

Our wholesale price was £2 a net with 100 net minimum order.

So here's the maths: our nets when wet weighed 8.5kg (5kg dry). A 26t lorry load of softwood is £900 delivered in.

If we round up the weight of the net to 9kg wet, then you get 111 nets per ton. Multiply by 26t = 2886 nets

2886 nets X £2 =£5772

Minus the nets £300

Minus the timber cost £900

=£4572

Thats not bad money in my eyes! And that's if you sold them all at the wholesale price!

Yes, i'm not including costs for fuel, electricity, machine costs, etc. but they are minimal. It was all done in spare time and its extra money which we wouldn't have had.