Stress of the job

stoff101

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah it seems there is always something to think/worry about! I'm lucky I've never really been one to have trouble sleeping but sometimes find myself in bed wide awake turning nothing into a major problem!

At least you have work, which is very positive, especially in the early days.. Business is stressful when your busy but probably more stressful when you are twidling your thumbs!

Sounds silly but have you tried counting sheep or doing something to distract you? I often find myself falling asleep in front of the T.V at 9pm then when I drag myself of the sofa and into bed the cogs in my brain start turning..

There's a great thread on here about stress if you search. I had a look but the first page was all about chipper no-stress controls, you'll probably need to scroll through to page five or six!

What is it that you're actually worrying about? Dig deeper, isolate the one thing that is worrying you at this exact moment in time and you will probably realise that there is an easy way around it.

I've been s/e since 96 and I'd be lying if I said I don't get stressed. But I handle things very much differently these days. You have to learn to switch off "work".get in from work, make your calls, visits, get paperwork done, switch on answer phone and leave off for the rest of the day. Do something, anything else. Do not let your business run you, you run the business. Stress will make you ill, lack of sleep will make you make mistakes, either financial or worse. You know how to do the job, you have the means to do it, just relax and enjoy it. Lying awake at night does not make it happen any easier. Chill out and enjoy it, you're in it for the long haul.

If you are worried about stuff while you are laying in bed at night, get up (or do it before bed) and write down everything you are worried about. Then you can tell yourself you'll deal with it in the morning.

This always works for me.

Also there some good relaxing sounds apps available that will help you drift off.

Hope that helps :)

I've been s/e since 96 and I'd be lying if I said I don't get stressed. But I handle things very much differently these days. You have to learn to switch off "work".get in from work, make your calls, visits, get paperwork done, switch on answer phone and leave off for the rest of the day. Do something, anything else. Do not let your business run you, you run the business. Stress will make you ill, lack of sleep will make you make mistakes, either financial or worse. You know how to do the job, you have the means to do it, just relax and enjoy it. Lying awake at night does not make it happen any easier. Chill out and enjoy it, you're in it for the long haul.

Very good advice. :thumbup1: