Mobile phone on a contract

For chrristmas my daughters bought me a nokia lumia 520,which has taken me until now to get to grips with ie phoning,txting,and storing peoples numbers.i dont send pictures or want to receive them,and use my laptop for internet.

As using it more and more ime now topping up at £30 a week,as ive been on vodaphone pay as you go for many years,like many,ive not got a contract but the younger generation tell me thats what i need,so,

any members that do have a contract would you go to the vodaphone shop or carphone warehouse? As ive now got used to this one,i dont want to buy another or do i have to buy another phone and swop my sim over,and explain to my dauughters why ive handed mine in?

I did have a look at voda contract on the net but ended up with more questions than answers.If any members have sorted a contract for themselves,i would appreciate any help offered in this field,thanks,Tim.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What jonny said Tim, a sim only contract, payg is expensive if you use it on a regular basis, get the max minutes and text you can for your budget.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Have a look on the net first tim, losds of deals around, is your phone locked to yodaphone? if so it will have to be one of there sims.

Gifgaf is good and cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

ok,so jonny and ian,would your advice be to go to the vodafone shop and ask them for a sim only,ime guessing they put their sim in my phone and contract me to that.

Dan and Doobin i cant understand what you're up to there sorry.

Thankyou.

how many mins a month u using tim,just check that chart ,make sure you have some spare ,:sneaky2:

ok,so jonny and ian,would your advice be to go to the vodafone shop and ask them for a sim only,ime guessing they put their sim in my phone and contract me to that.

Dan and Doobin i cant understand what you're up to there sorry.

Thankyou.

GiffGaff is pay as you go. If you top up £20 up front each month as a 'goodybag', then you get 2000 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. If you run out of that, then it uses your minutes.

SIM Only Deals and Plans | giffgaff.com

Stay away from Vodafone. They will flat out lie to you about the length of a sim only contract. Apart from anything else, why have a contract? My three GiffGaff phones automatically top up every month, I never need to even think about it.