Kindling machines

elfinwood saws

I,m going to be buying a new kindling machine in the next couple of weeks, I,m thinking of buy a Posch machine as the Posch processor we have has been faultless over the last 4 years, so lets hear the pro's and con's of any of the kindling machines available. cheers Mark.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure they have improved I saw one of the first ones about 5 years ago and you could not get in the top. If you got a knotty bit you had to keep going and that seemed to wreck lots more decent wood. Hopefully I will see the latest one at a show this year. What do you call the right wood.

I am sure they have improved I saw one of the first ones about 5 years ago and you could not get in the top. If you got a knotty bit you had to keep going and that seemed to wreck lots more decent wood. Hopefully I will see the latest one at a show this year. What do you call the right wood.

I would call the right wood just someting straight grained, we try and use larch but have made some real nice kindling out of sitka recently! There is a door on top that allows you access prob not as easy to clean out as the kindlett but not really a problem! Mine is the pto model and really needs 2 people working it to make the most of its capabilities!

The single phase kindlet is 160mm . I just read on the Posch site it can take 200mm.

thanks steve i only ask because i have got approx 2cubic mtrs of offcuts sawn at 160mm and wanted to hire in a machine later in the year and before i cut anymore just wanted to check before i cut some more

thanks