New to SRT.

I've recently been introduced to SRT,I found I really enjoy it on the little time I've had working with it.

I just want to ask a question regarding advancing anchor points within the tree canopy, when tied off at the base. So say I've made my ascent and reach the limb I threw the throw line over. It's here at this position I get a little confused. I've seen videos of a bloke disconnecting his line and throwing the rope wrench over a new branch anchor. That to me seems a little daft and could land you in some trouble.

Any help would be great. I've climbed DRT for years but would rather put my hand up and ask then get myself in a world of trouble. I'm on a SRT intro day soon, but I'm inpatient :)

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If you are worried about dropping your rope, you can pull up the tail and chuck that up and over first before you disconnect from the system. Or advance your main anchor fork with a sling as you move up, then rethread the line when you reach the desired point. We can cover it in the workshop at treekit on the 17th of may if you are coming. I presume its the same jack as on instagram. Ben

derrick martins video is pretty good. All i would suggest to stop you dropping the rope is to put your side strop over the down leg to pin it to the stem with your weight. Or just tie the rope to you somewhere.