John Deere 7710/7810 ?

Graham w

hi,

I could do with a larger tractor for road work, moving timber and skidders/countys etc and Quite fancy a John Deere 7710 with the idea its big enough not to break and plenty of torque from a bigger 8 liter engine.

i use older fords that are painfully slow and heavy to use on long shifts.

have used 2650 and 6600 deeres and loved them instantly but never been there to see them have problems

has anyone had problems with a bigger 10 series or what other tractors are up to the challenge?:confused1:

I used to work at a ag contractors who had 6 of them 4 7710 and 2 7810 they were fantastic plenty of power and not over complecated like they are now with trying to keep emissions down.but as j down says take a mechanic with you

Good tractors but they not cheap now a days.

The 70 series ford/new holland is same sort thing. Built like tank and easy to repair.

We have 3 of them..

All from same sort time.. 1996-2002ish..

Lot people inc us gone from newer john deeres or new Hollands back to these..

legendary tractors and already classics, expect to pay for one though, imo the slightly earlier ones without the electronic throttles went a bit better, think they changed in 2002. For a good one with tls and reasonable hours expect to pay upwards of 25k but will be a good investment if looked after.

I have a spell on a 7900 in the late 90s. Plenty of grunt but it was very light on the front and scary on the road. I remember pulling a wheelie going on to the highway with a 4 leg subsoiler.

I think it was to do with the engine being mounted at the cab end instead of further forwards.

Yes it did have weights on the front at the time.

I have a spell on a 7900 in the late 90s. Plenty of grunt but it was very light on the front and scary on the road. I remember pulling a wheelie going on to the highway with a 4 leg subsoiler.

I think it was to do with the engine being mounted at the cab end instead of further forwards.

Yes it did have weights on the front at the time.

Totally agree, great field tractor but lethal on the road, bit like riding on one of those kids toys on a large spring on ice.

John deere 7810 is a top tractor spent a muck spreading season on one absolute pleasure power in abundance. Led quite a lot of straw pulling a forty foot artic trailer thought it held to road bludy well really with fifty quadrant bales behind. Would buy one in a flash

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk