Greenmech disc blade supplier

justinkingwell

Twice the price of Saturn .. Times by 3 machine , that's an extra £450 a month approx....👎

Those figures are nowhere near correct for disc bladed machines in my experience. If Saturn's discs are £25 each (for argument's sake) then you are using/renewing 6 blades per machine per month?!? What are you chipping? Houses?

We make our blades in batches, under copyright, and any copies are an infringement of that copyright and also go against the patent too. As we have no control of their quality control, we wouldn't recommend them, eitber as a supplier or sharpener! If ought goes wrong and your machine suffers consequential damage - are they going to help put it right?

At £39.50 + vat per blade, that would cost Justin around £160. I was paying £330 per set in the 90's for another make! I borrowed a flat blade for a german made machine off of Doug Bennett and that was £140 back in 2003!

Our blades are on the shelf and available overnight (generally), and that sought of back up and support may cost! If it ain't on a shelf in Sheffield, they can be half price but no good to anyone!

Satternblades might be only be half the price but I've found that you probably only get half the life that genuine blades get as they are of a harder mettle so chip quite badly rather than becoming dull for easy re sharpening. Had two sets in my quadchip and now just stick to the genuine things and considering the price of them against the fact you affect ivy get 3 turns before replacing in my mind it's good value.

The biggest saving I've made in blades is good groundsman education i.e. Stop raking up a gravel drive and using the chipper to load it onto the van, give conifer a bit of a shake before putting it in after a long drag so any nasty picked up on the way fall off etc.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk