What is the optimum "handler"?

difflock

Avant?

3720/4720 J Deere tractor or equivalent Kubota/TYM/Kioti.?

Widerman/Kramer type "shovel/telescopic"?

JCB TM180?

Larger tracked skid-steer?

I reckon I dont need another ag tractor.

I absolutly want sommat with either hydrostatic or torque convertor transmission.

No dry clutchs.

To move soil, spoil and logs and firewood, also to bulldoze limited amounts of hardcore, until it is worth getting a tracked digger in.

Pref on fat tyres for the Moss/soft ground we are surrounded with.

Is there such a machine as to tick all my boxs?

Marcus

I tried one of the smaller avant's and didn't rate it at all for pushing into heaps of materials, it just didn't have the pushing power to get a decent bucket full.

I used to own one of the very early larger kramer loaders (still borrow it now and then) and it's a very well built powerful piece of kit.

Wish I knew what the optimum handler is :)

Hawk an spit.

overweight, underpowered, clumsy, cumbersome, etc etc

Ah want a quart in a pint pot.

Probably with a Japanese diesel engine, i.e. a Yanmar or Kubota.

Will take a snoak round at the Spring Show at the Maze in mid May.

cheers

Marcus

PS

Decision made re the bandsawmill, just watching the exchange rates.

time enough for 6 or 9 months too, as no timber cut to process.

JCB everytime. 526 is possibly the best rigid rear engine machine, but the tm range was pretty good. Just watch the short primary transmission prop.

seconded, get a half decent tele, you can reach for things in inaccessable places, stack things as high as you like, shovel with impunity, ..... they are awesome. I have a 530-70 and on the day someone says you cant use it, I will retire/resign/go on strike

Did you use the Avant to bring the pallet of Vodka direct into the living room OMTC.

Or was there no particular connection between your 2 apparently linked statments.

I do like the Avant because it is small and properly tyred.

The JD 3720 is fablous, with astounding manouverability due to a very very sharp "cut", but the front tyres are a bit skimpy, but that allows for the very tight turn angle.

But both will "bulldoze" well above their weight due to the hydrostatic transmission.

JD's "Loadmatch" is quite wonderful in how it works.

But, yes essentially a small telehander with fat tyres, is prob the best match for my needs.