Stiga EL63 Blade Clutch

apl1976

Hello

My first post on this forum and I would like some advice.

The blade clutch has broken on my ride on mower and have been looking on the internet for replacements.

The cheapest I can find is £180 and wondered if anyone out there has had the same problem and if is this part fixable.

I am aware that this part is also used on other mowers, but the price remains the same.

Any advice/pointers etc would be muchly appreciated

Then I think you will need to bite the bullet and pay the price.

Several manufacturers use the same BBC unit, and most only supply as a complete assembly.

It is usually just the bottom bit that needs replacement due to worn, or broken friction material, or broken drive flanges.

John Deere supply just the bottom bit separately. It fits other makes and saves a good deal of money. I usually keep a couple around.