Which 7.5t tipper?

Billy

Currently looking to upgrade to 7.5t truck and I think I've got it down to he Japanese ones Isuzu NQR/ Canter 7.5t or the Iveco 65's does anyone have opinions to offer on either or possibly some other vehciles? Mainly looking out for he his heat payload and I know these jap trucks are excellent for that as a chassis cab they only weigh in it about 2.5t leaving 5t for a body and chip, what's the payload for the ivecos and what else is worth considering and why?

WM Tree Services

Best Kent Tree Surgeons for Professional Tree Surgery Work in Maidstone

• 6 months later...

per above, we went with the Mitisu fuso canter merc chassis.

Weighed today with complete 5.5m beavertail body work, full width gas assisted tail ramp and 24V winch

Total chassis and bodywork came in at 3240kg

So 4260kg for payload, less a driver, piecebox and a tank of diesel(say 260kg for these)

So a nice round 4000kg legal payload.

I am very pleased.

Partly because most bodywork suppliers/coachbuilders, that I spoke to, said it could not be done.

So a big thanks to Norman Hueston, and his fabricators, for their paitence dedication and downright coachbuilding skills.

I will post photos post delivery.

Currently looking to upgrade to 7.5t truck and I think I've got it down to he Japanese ones Isuzu NQR/ Canter 7.5t or the Iveco 65's

Best Kent Tree Surgeons for Professional Tree Surgery Work in Maidstone

Not sure about the payloads but we have a 6 ton iveco and 3.5 ton Isuzu.

Both are decent trucks. It is worth considering the max train weight you are allowed to tow, as if you are on a pre 97 licence the 107 code limits you to a max train weight of 8,250 kilograms.

Not sure about the payloads but we have a 6 ton iveco and 3.5 ton Isuzu.

Both are decent trucks. It is worth considering the max train weight you are allowed to tow, as if you are on a pre 97 licence the 107 code limits you to a max train weight of 8,250 kilograms.

Bought an 18t in the end, the way forward

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk

see;

7500kg-3240kg=4,260kg for Dvr, diesel an Payload

So with the 260kg for the Dvr and diesel

= 4,000kg payload.

With a simply beautifully balanced gas strut assisted tail-ramp.

Phew!

Already planning my next purchase, an alloy body tipper, on the same(ok shorter) chassis, in my head/dreams.

59766a53ae908_newtruck002forintersnot.jpg.795436504e002b69f1915af53ac5dad6.jpg

new truck.pdf

Edited by difflock