10 x oak trees coming down.

leafcut

Hi all, I have a job starting 17th February where I am taking down 10 live oak trees. Most base diameters are approx 25-30", and the main trunks reasonably straight to around 35-40 ft. All appear quite healthy trees. These trunks and other large branches will be for sale. The work is being carried out in the north east. Buyer to collect. Please contact me via PM or at Timberline-Roe Ltd...Nick Pearson.

Hi all, I have a job starting 17th February where I am taking down 10 live oak trees. Most base diameters are approx 25-30", and the main trunks reasonably straight to around 35-40 ft. All appear quite healthy trees. These trunks and other large branches will be for sale. The work is being carried out in the north east. Buyer to collect. Please contact me via PM or at Timberline-Roe Ltd...Nick Pearson.

I probably don't need them, but the benefit of other buyers, could you post some photos of the stems please? :thumbup1:

Just below the "quick reply" text box is a "go advanced" button, click it.

Then scroll down a little to a bland looking "manage attachments" button, click that.

Then choose "browse" in the box that pops up, select the files on your 'puter, and click "upload".

Then when you hit "submit reply" under the text box, you should have put up some pictures.:001_cool:

Does anyone have an idea what it's likely to cost for an 8 wheeler from the North East? To Milton Keynes. Cheers

No idea Muttley!:001_rolleyes:

Sunderland to Milton Keynes must be the best part of two hundred and fifty miles.

I'd hazard a guess at it costing the best part of five hundred quid in fuel alone!

No idea Muttley!:001_rolleyes:

Sunderland to Milton Keynes must be the best part of two hundred and fifty miles.

I'd hazard a guess at it costing the best part of five hundred quid in fuel alone!

It's certainly won't be cheap I appreciate that. Here's what I'm thinking. Good loads of decent saw logs aren't easy to find round here. I looked into buying a woodland but prices round here are ridiculous at best, especially for anything that's going to produce any amount decent sawlogs. I've decided not that I'd probably be better off buying a small parcel of land and buying sawlogs in.

I often here big j speaking highly of Helmdon saw Mills in Northampton and how he dies some business with them and transportsthe lumber to Scotland. He then sells this and makes a profit. The timber I'd be buying/milling would primarily be for my own use.

Just trying to get me head round the figures involved. I'm thinking if I can only buy sawlogs in my area I won't get a lorry load.

I've sent full lorry loads of roundwood timber from Edinburgh to Helmdon for about £700. That's a lorry without a grab though - just bolster sides. Sawn timber is about the same price for that distance.

Helmdon are about £1.20-1.50 a cubic foot for sawing, so very good value for money and the cutting is of course perfect.

Jonathan