a shepherds hut is conceived

John Hughes

I started work on my 2nd shepherd's hut today. I have some rings of an old set of cambridge rolls which I will use for the wheels . They are too big to fit in my lathe so l started milling off the ridge using a rotary table on the mill.

13906888617802.jpg.64594a291e0fd56b95ae0ac34057f683.jpg

The first hut was finished some time ago but the ground is too wet to move it so I think I will wait till the spring before putting it on Ebay.

13906883207170.jpg.5d75525d0f0be375116aca2fc7b3fddb.jpg

13906883546921.jpg.6a45b28ada206999020d1e6fc19024f6.jpg

John

Very slow on the mill ,but even with the gap removed it will not fit on the lathe.

I have a Student and a Bantam .

No pictures of the inside but i will try and take some. It has a small shop made woodburner with oven to cook a potato in !

If it is on wheels there is now problem with the planners if i want to leave it in the woods.

Really? I'd have thought it would be the opposite, ie if its on wheels its mobile and not a fixed dwelling

Think John meant "If it is on wheels there is no problem with the planners if i want to leave it in the woods."

Edited by Mat