Nice customers

Woodworks

I keep reading of difficult of customers but got to say either I am very lucky or the west country folk are just nice. I don't have one really difficult customer and most are just lovely. Never had any problems with payments or complaint that the wood is too wet or too dry. Quite happy to leave logs and await BACs payment which always turns up.

Am I alone in finding this or are the majority of people just good sorts?

I keep reading of difficult of customers but got to say either I am very lucky or the west country folk are just nice. I don't have one really difficult customer and most are just lovely. Never had any problems with payments or complaint that the wood is too wet or too dry. Quite happy to leave logs and await BACs payment which always turns up.

I think you are right. We tend not to notice how many really decent folk there are in the world , they get a bit obscured by one or two great big fat orrible ones.

Heres to the decent folk:thumbup1:

Only had a hand full of awkward customers and I don't re deliver, one called for more wood but it really wasn't worth the hassle, one made me wait 3 weeks for £50 when he asked for more I told him where to go. This games hard enough without plonkers adding to it. Look after you good customers! I have one lady buys 1 bulk bag per week, September to May, she always pays on delivery.

I only started trading this year & have only had one refuse to pay. I told her my hourly rate, which she agreed to, & i did one & a half hrs work, which she was more than happy with, & asked me to go back the following week for a full day, so i rather foolishly said pay me next week & put it all on one check, as she had no cash & was low on cheques at the time

The next week i was at a customers round the corner who had recomended me to her, who told me she did'nt want me to go back as i was to expensive.

Rob

I only started trading this year & have only had one refuse to pay. I told her my hourly rate, which she agreed to, & i did one & a half hrs work, which she was more than happy with, & asked me to go back the following week for a full day, so i rather foolishly said pay me next week & put it all on one check, as she had no cash & was low on cheques at the time

The next week i was at a customers round the corner who had recomended me to her, who told me she did'nt want me to go back as i was to expensive.

Rob

Put your bill in and move on. No reason for you to feel foolish. :001_smile:

Rob

That happens, like Felix said invoice her for the work you carried out. You will soon realise you are better off without this type of client.

Having been in the heavy good industry for over 40 years this industry is a walk in the park in comparison, touch wood I always get paid as requested, BACS payments turn up fine, cheques dont bounce etc/

A