Neighbour customers and leaves

up a tree

I have been try for a long time to come up with a solution, when neighbour of customer make problems or when your doing street trees. The same old cabbages the leaves are ...... in autume it take so long..... And that tree is taking my light.... it keeps droping little.....etc. The reply is great and it work nearly every time " Oh realy from this tree it is so good for you (make a pause waiting for the brain to work then hit them with the ultimate). But this tree is your friend and it makes so much oxygen for you and takes lots of dirt away from you it protect you from harmfull ultraviolet rays etc.. they then think, well most of them anyway. If they still go on about the leaves turn chainsaw on and protend to warm it up. But alway use diplomisey they may be your next customer. Has anyone else got an idea (nothing involving chainsaws there are no trees in prison).:mellow:

Just tell them if they have an issue to take it up with the neighbour/ council etc. you're just the contractor that's been brought in by the person who is paying the bill. Apologise with "so without being rude I have a busy day and need to crack on. If you have any trees though that need attention though, I can leave you a card if you like? " if they don't want a card then get started with the work.

About 7yrs ago, i was pruning an ash tree in my inlaws back garden, when a neighbour asked me what i was doing, i told her "i'm pruning this tree". She then went on that it shelterd her/their greenhouse etc..Told her that is was'nt her tree, that it belonged to the people who's garden it was, & their choice was to prune it slightly, to keep it under control(it was a bit wild)as the previous occupant had'nt botherd with it. She told me the previous owner of the property had said it would'nt be touched, i told her previous owner was dead, so that verbal agreement did'nt count.

At this poing i was getting realy fed up with her, & asked her to go away & leave me alone(as polite as that), Then she threw a curve ball at me & said "my husbands on the council". I'd had enough & replied, "good, get him to come & enter my f******g bins then !".

This was friday, 0900 monday morning a nosy parker from the council turned up to "check" the tree, their words, we have to check, as you can't trust these itinerant tree workers " !. The inlaws being the nice folks they are never said anything to her.

Rob

About 7yrs ago, i was pruning an ash tree in my inlaws back garden, when a neighbour asked me what i was doing, i told her "i'm pruning this tree". She then went on that it shelterd her/their greenhouse etc..Told her that is was'nt her tree, that it belonged to the people who's garden it was, & their choice was to prune it slightly, to keep it under control(it was a bit wild)as the previous occupant had'nt botherd with it. She told me the previous owner of the property had said it would'nt be touched, i told her previous owner was dead, so that verbal agreement did'nt count.

At this poing i was getting realy fed up with her, & asked her to go away & leave me alone(as polite as that), Then she threw a curve ball at me & said "my husbands on the council". I'd had enough & replied, "good, get him to come & enter my f******g bins then !".

This was friday, 0900 monday morning a nosy parker from the council turned up to "check" the tree, their words, we have to check, as you can't trust these itinerant tree workers " !. The inlaws being the nice folks they are never said anything to her.

Rob

Gotta love neighbours havent you and great to see the geezer from the council had time to leave his job and come round to survey your work.

The world would be great without the people in it:lol: