On board vehicle weighing systems

SamWhiting12

Hey Guys, I am currently using a Ford T220 Transit for running wood about but I am worried about overloading the van and causing it to break down lots. Just wondering if anyone used on board vehicle weighing systems for smaller vans? What kind of price am I looking at to get one and installed? And if anyone can recommend any companies?

Thanks Sam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys, I am currently using a Ford T220 Transit for running wood about but I am worried about overloading the van and causing it to break down lots. Just wondering if anyone used on board vehicle weighing systems for smaller vans? What kind of price am I looking at to get one and installed? And if anyone can recommend any companies?

Thanks Sam

Really!:confused1:

I'm sure most of us would know when we are close to, or over the weight limit.

Yes true, but half the time you realise how much weight you're carrying your actually driving. By then its a bit to late to start unloading.

And even then you still wouldn't know the actual weight your carrying. For all you know you could be massively overloading or under loading the van.

Thanks

Nope and I've demonstrated it twice recently, took a load of scrap in with LDV and absolutely convinced I must be knocking 4 tonne, ticket came back 3.13.

Was sent out in a recent 115ps transit to get loaded with arb waste (beech) told the blokes not to overload me as I was unfamiliar with vehicle and sailed home like a dream, hardly knew the load was there, took it to the weighbridge on A23 (now demolished) just on way home and grossed 4.20.

I'd love a simple means of checking compliance, not to save the vehicle but my licence.

Weighlode used to do a simple pressure meter in the tipping gear, you just tipped the body slightly to take the weight on the ram and read off the dial. It was fairly accurate for grin because that was uniformly across the bed but with arb waste you would need to check the strain at the three points of load.

I'm guessing these

IRD Portable Axle Weigh Pads and Accessories

would work out too expensive.

If you had a weighing system installed you would probably find that 3.5 tonne vehicles carry very little and ignor it and fill it up anyway otherwise you will never get the job done. get it weighed with a legal load and see how much space there is between the bump stops. Normally if you are on the stops its too much unless your springs are knackered

If you had a weighing system installed you would probably find that 3.5 tonne vehicles carry very little and ignor it and fill it up anyway otherwise you will never get the job done. get it weighed with a legal load and see how much space there is between the bump stops. Normally if you are on the stops its too much unless your springs are knackered

:thumbup1: