Lab with cut tail.

Billy R

Don't know an answer to this one Billy, even my cockers with docked tails get cut at this time of the year. Will be better as the frosts start properly. Shows what the anti docking lobby knows about working dogs though, Eff All!

I've even had terrier's tails cut from thorn & bramble, especially next to the sea when the wind & salt keeps the growth so short.

hi bill i got told about a spray called septiclean and used it on one of my dogs when it ripped its back leg on some barbed, sprayed it 3 or 4 times a day and was healed in about 8 days,because of the antiseptic content when the dog licked the rip after i sprayed it, the aniseptic was then in the dogs mouth thus killing the bactira in the mouth, then when the dog licked the rip it was not transfaring bactira back to the wound thus making it heal faster its about £8 a tin and availabal from farm supplie stores like coares or carrs billingtons,hope this helps, used several times now and it does the job.

Try putting a 35mm film cannister on the end of the tail then using tape/plaster to hold it in place, this is a very effective way of protecting the tail end.

BE WARNED do not use elastic bands to hold the tape in place, as these can easily work their way int to the fur & be forgotton about, & kill off the end of the tail.

Also when she wags her tail against you leg it will be like some one hitting you with a stick !.

Rob

hi bill i got told about a spray called septiclean and used it on one of my dogs when it ripped its back leg on some barbed, sprayed it 3 or 4 times a day and was healed in about 8 days,because of the antiseptic content when the dog licked the rip after i sprayed it, the aniseptic was then in the dogs mouth thus killing the bactira in the mouth, then when the dog licked the rip it was not transfaring bactira back to the wound thus making it heal faster its about £8 a tin and availabal from farm supplie stores like coares or carrs billingtons,hope this helps, used several times now and it does the job.

Is this any good for a cut pad? Walking the dog tonite he has cut his paw charging around in the bushes like an idiot. I think on glass or maybe an ali can chucked in the hedge.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App