Multec Logsplitters

Cosmiccrofter

I always look at these splitters and think why do they only cut one way seems like a lot of messing round to me to split 1 log or am I missing something?

Why would you only split one log ? Surely you would at least do a load . Trailer , pickup or whatever ?

Or do you mean split on one direction only ?

Why would you only split one log ? Surely you would at least do a load . Trailer , pickup or whatever ?

Or do you mean split on one direction only ?

Yes sorry I meant in 1 direction only I might be wrong (obviously never used one) but it looks like it would take a very long time to do a cube. I'm not having a go or anything just genuinely interested in how time consuming they are?

This one of mine spits in both directions . Is this what you mean ?

Ahh I see what you mean, no I actually meant rather than it being what looks like an axe blade I would have thought most would have a 4 way split or would it have to be a really powerful splitter to do that?

Ahh I see what you mean, no I actually meant rather than it being what looks like an axe blade I would have thought most would have a 4 way split or would it have to be a really powerful splitter to do that?

Yea you can get 4 way and more but as you say more power required . There was a fantastic processor with multi way wedge on recently in one of the posts . How to process fire wood or something like it . Have search .

I'm looking for a new hydraulic logsplitter, and these look to be well made at a reasonable price. Has anyone bought one?

Multec Engineering || Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N Ireland || Steel Fabrication and Welding

I bought one about 18 months ago, it's very well made, strong deck and pillar. I got the waist high table, although still need to put onto a pallet to make it more comfy to use. Can split an Ifor Williams trailer full in about 45 minutes.

Of course a processor would be nice and save having to disc the trunks up, but this only cost me a fraction of the price (all I could afford at the time) and will happily do large diameter wood, they gave me the four way splitting head as well, although never really use it. You can get quite quick using the two way splitter :thumbup1: