Consultants and tree tags - why

treebloke

Why cant they or dont they put bloody tags on trees when undertaking surveys. If there are only a few then fair enough but when you get 30/40/50 or more trees in a small or confined area how are we supposed to know which one is which when the drip line is overlaid on the plan and the species are same.

I find it happens a lot and it is frustrating so why?.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surveys i have seen done they have tagged each tree with little plate and nails and marked the ones that need work with spray paint. have to say what i have heard they charge for there time. then for those who follow to do work they should be doing there job. £65 per hour i was informed one was charging for his work. one site i work on costing 2k for survey of trees.

good money if you can get it.

Well sometimes those with these kind of jobs. believe they know it all. But expect you to be better because you read there brilliant minds.

However if the consultant is a team player from a background of actually doing the job. It should be made easier. Ive only worked with one and he boiled my blood. Im not pigeon holing, and reckon all consultants on here will be pretty good as they realise learning is an ongoing game and have a genuine interest.