Dealer problems

Aaron

I have recently ordered a new truck and have now been waiting 3 months which I knew from the start, that's all fine.

Problem I have is that the vehicle has not arrived on the due date which I imagined could happen but the dealer is claiming they don't actually get told when the lorry comes in, it just turns up when the company sends it? That to me doesn't sound right?

Is anyone in the know? is this the norm or am I getting strung along over something?

Aaron

I was talking to the guys who fitted my crane, they were saying they have real problems with trucks not arriving so they can fit cranes to them, often the truck dealer tells the customer that the truck has been at the crane fitter for far longer that it actually has:sneaky2:

Assuming this is a main dealer then they are pulling your plonker. They will have what is called a gate release date, this is the date the vehicle physically rolls out of the factory gates. They should have a forecast gate release date and then an actual gate release date if it turns out to be different. Once they have the actual release date they should be able to track the movement of the vehicle by boat, compound and then UK movements to dealership.