Seasoned cordwood - lack of planning?

Mark Bolam

I notice a lot of people are after seasoned cordwood.

On a larger commercial basis, ie artic loads, does this really make sense?

Unless someone wants to leave their cord stacked roadside for a couple of years, it means extracting it, hauling it, unloading it, storing it, loading it again, hauling it again then unloading it again.

I appreciate that buying in green you will have to wait a bit for a return on investment, but double-handling on this scale seems mental to me.

There are such things as foresight and planning....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone wants to leave their cord stacked roadside for a couple of years, it means extracting it, hauling it, unloading it, storing it, loading it again, hauling it again then unloading it again.

I appreciate that buying in green you will have to wait a bit for a return on investment, but double-handling on this scale seems mental to me.

HI MARK if a cord stack was left at road side in somerset it walks mate cord going to be very hard to get if we have a hard winter thanks and im still looking for large butts in somerset as small cord walks thanks jon

Some people have no idea what goes into selling logs Mark, they just think oh I know, I will buy some wood and sell logs and make loads of money. I pity them. Do they wait till they have had a crap to buy big roll??

im still looking for large butts in somerset

These fellows seem to be looking for the same thing Jon mate!

funnyfatchicks4__large.jpg

On topic - yes Mark lots of people have been approaching me recently for cord wood, even end users who want to buy lower priced cord and process it themselves for burning wood for this year. I have considered buying in an artic as im sure I could sell it but dont have the storage space.

J :thumbup1:

These fellows seem to be looking for the same thing Jon mate!

funnyfatchicks4__large.jpg

On topic - yes Mark lots of people have been approaching me recently for cord wood, even end users who want to buy lower priced cord and process it themselves for burning wood for this year. I have considered buying in an artic as im sure I could sell it but dont have the storage space.

J :thumbup1:

HI JAMES thats the ones mate out with 880 with a 6ft bar on I've only got 4ft not to worry mate i no man that has a 6ft bar :lol:nice large butt im looking for thanks jon