How big

sheepway services

Visited a private wood yesterday after a conversation with a little old lady asking can i cut up a couple of little trees.LITTLE either i am getting a bit blind or stupid but i went in the woods and found the little trees ,the smallest one has a trunk over three feet in diameter and must be almost one hundred feet long .The biggest little tree has a diameter close to five feet and must be one hundred and twenty foot long.Went back to see the little old lady and asked is this correct she replied yes the bigger trees are in the bottom wood ,so loooks like i will be busy for a few weekends all wood to be ringed up and stored

yeah better that way then the usual one i get.

o yes mark dont worry about brushcutting you will be tied up all day on this fallen tree

okay john

an hour later and its all ringed and staked. hourly rate so havent even earned my fuel!!! GRRRRRR

Sounds a great job. Sorry to rain on your parade but does she have the felling license to take them down. It sounds as though at that size, the combined trees might breach her 5 cubic metre per quarter right to fell. Just a thought that might be worth checking.

Sounds a great job. Sorry to rain on your parade but does she have the felling license to take them down. It sounds as though at that size, the combined trees might breach her 5 cubic metre per quarter right to fell. Just a thought that might be worth checking.

I think the smallest tree will breach the felling licence

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Using the terms "cut up" instead of fell and "long" instead of high, I read it as the trees are already down.

I could be wrong tho.