Hard working young 20 y/o Looking for employment in the Newcastle area.

Longshanks93

I am writing to offer my services and experience on a full time or part time basis, at Tree surgeons based around the Newcastle area, as a groundsman. I believe I can offer reliability and commitment to any company, as well as my tree/arboriculture related knowledge gained from studying two environment related courses for the past four years.

I am currently studying my final year in the Foundation Degree in Arboriculture at Askham Bryan College in York. This is due to finish in May. I am moving to Newcastle (Crawcrook) more a less straight after completion. As part of completing the Foundation Degree in Arboriculture I have studied a variety of tree related subjects including Arboricultural Practises, Contract Management, Planning and Tree Law, Taxonomy/Identification, Tree Physiology, and Tree and Woodland Management.

During the summer of 2012 I completed five months of work with Oldham Council, this included working as part of their five man tree team, completing tasks such as chipping brash, felling and cross cutting small diameter trees, in addition to undertaking thinning using a Silky saw.

I am seeking an opportunity to improve my climbing skills and felling skills, whilst keeping my ground skills at a high standard.

I would greatly appreciate gaining experience from working as a member of a tree team. I feel that this oppurtunity will provide me with the necessary knowledge and experience.

I have my CS30, 31, and 38 qualifications as well as National Diploma in Countryside Management at Distinction, Distinction, Merit level. I am planning to undertake CS 39, as well as taking driving lessons with the view to gaining my driving license in the near future.

My CV is attached to this thread:001_smile:

I look forward to recieving any replies either by p/m or by posting on this thread

Regards David Houghton

David Houghtons CV.docx

Did you apl the VP2 module this year or did you do all 300 hours last summer? Slight derail I know but could be useful. How did you find contract management and Planning and tree law? Steve Prinn is a damned good lecturer for CM and Dave Butterfield and Adrian know their stuff. Give my regards to them (James Wroe) and to Steve Smith.

Did all the hours during the summer of 2012...Contract Management is difficult to grasp but will be very usefull in the future, planning and tree law is really interesting and should put me in a good position for employment. I Steve Dave and Adrian are really good lecturers, its just a shame about the others!