Ms261 clutch spring? Easy to replace?

jamesfwpurdy

Sounds like you're sorted, my other half has a 261 and says his clutch springs are very easy to replace, the husky (my'n) on the other hand is another matter! I take it to a local place and they do it as it is easier! We argue a lot about which is the best, Husky or Sthill, but on this one I'd say the Sthill seems much easier to change clutch springs on and he is right!

Sounds like you're sorted, my other half has a 261 and says his clutch springs are very easy to replace, the husky (my'n) on the other hand is another matter! I take it to a local place and they do it as it is easier! We argue a lot about which is the best, Husky or Sthill, but on this one I'd say the Sthill seems much easier to change clutch springs on and he is right!

It depends on the model on both saws. Stihl generally use hooked end traditional springs - you have the inboard and outboard models.

On Huskys you can have the long single spring type, the flat spring type like on the 346/357 etc and then the same ones as many Stihls - some are inboard some outboard.

Some clutches are bitches to remove, some are easy - I guess the Stihl ones are very generally easier to replace!

Is it easy? Depends on how good you are but remember clockwise to remove!

very easy, what you do is put the saw on the ground. put the spring on top, and then hit it as hard as you can with the biggest hammer you can find :thumbup:

joking aside ther are quite easy to replace but my i recomend buying a bucket load of them