Oak tree firewood

oasispta

Hi there,

Just spotted a fallen oak tree today and asked the owner (in Coventry) if I could have it, if I had it cut up to take away for firewood. Just wondering whether or not people are willing to do this kind of work I.e when the tree is already downed and it needs cutting into rounds.

I would say the tree is 20-30ft with a 20-30" diameter. I was wondering how much would be a reasonable price for the job?

Cheers

Hi there,

Just spotted a fallen oak tree today and asked the owner (in Coventry) if I could have it, if I had it cut up to take away for firewood. Just wondering whether or not people are willing to do this kind of work I.e when the tree is already downed and it needs cutting into rounds.

I would say the tree is 20-30ft with a 20-30" diameter. I was wondering how much would be a reasonable price for the job?

Cheers

HI MATE have you not a saw then or no of mate can cut it up for all the best jon :thumbup:

No mate, just got into firewood and I'm bow sawing everything from 4" to 15-20" diameter logs in my garage (hard work and wayward cuts). This tree has collapsed and the only mate I have with a chainsaw only has a 14" bar :-( and I'm thinking this would involve cutting 20-30 rounds.

I don't really want to try my hand at a chainsaw with something of this size either.lol.

I just wasn't sure if it's the kind of job people willingly take on?

Cheers Acg128, but sorry I didn't really make myself clear.

I've basically been offered it for free (for me to use a firewood myself) I'm basically wondering if anyone is likely to come out, just to cut me a load of rounds? I appreciate I'd be paying, but I also appreciate there is a lot more to your work than just chopping up an already felled log. And what I'm likely to have to pay someone to come out an do the cutting? I'm quite happy doing the lugging around of the rings of course :-)

Cheers Acg128, but sorry I didn't really make myself clear.

I've basically been offered it for free (for me to use a firewood myself) I'm basically wondering if anyone is likely to come out, just to cut me a load of rounds? I appreciate I'd be paying, but I also appreciate there is a lot more to your work than just chopping up an already felled log. And what I'm likely to have to pay someone to come out an do the cutting? I'm quite happy doing the lugging around of the rings of course :-)

sounds like a couple of hours at best, plus some travel, say half a day for a typical ground worker with all the gear and certificates, reckon £80-100 would be more than enough to make it viable.