Stump grinder protective shield.

Scott Walker

Hi guys looking at buying one of those protective shields to stop flying debris hitting windows etc whilst stump grinding, just after your thoughts on them, are they well made and do they do the job well, as they seem alot of money for what they are. £160.00. or have you any other ideas what can be used eg beach wind break etc. thanks for any advice.

Hi guys looking at buying one of those protective shields to stop flying debris hitting windows etc whilst stump grinding, just after your thoughts on them, are they well made and do they do the job well, as they seem alot of money for what they are. £160.00. or have you any other ideas what can be used eg beach wind break etc. thanks for any advice.

Are you talking about the 3 piece tubular framework with woven material... Work well just fall to bits very easily... Think we're on 4 th set in couple yrs... Frame work is very thin and welds crack... But do stop the crap from smashing windows so not to worried about cost..

Used to smash windows/ windscreens on regular basis before we used them..

i use 8x4 sheets, cut in half so 2 boards 4x4 with hinges so fold up and open out etc :001_smile: use 2 of these :thumbup1:

We used them. Bit heavy to lug around. And had stones ricochet off the boards and break a window once..

Mate mine had an aluminium frame made out of 1"x1" box with a sheet type material. That worked well.

Are you talking about the 3 piece tubular framework with woven material... Work well just fall to bits very easily... Think we're on 4 th set in couple yrs... Frame work is very thin and welds crack... But do stop the crap from smashing windows so not to worried about cost..

Used to smash windows/ windscreens on regular basis before we used them..

Ye thats the one. I dont mind spending the money as long as its worth it. Dont do a massive amount of grinding but need some sort of shield as im always on edge worrying about windows etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Second attempt at posting this : what about trying a couple of the load covers from an estate car, about 1.2m x 1.2 m and roll up. I used ones from an old astra estate.

I use a road works barrier with 5mm plastic sheeting screwed to it. I put my logo and contact details on it too. I got a link on my face book page if you wanted to see what I am talking about

Funny you should say that was looking at these road barriers on ebay thinking they would be good with a plastic sheet screwed on. Whats your facebook page pal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I use wind breaks (woven plastic, poles push into lawn/flower beds etc.)

Cost about £2.00 each at car boot sales.

May not look as 'professional' as the £160.00 jobby but they last quite a few jobs.

When they get tatty chuck em out.

We use 1/4 inch ply sheets on concrete/tarmac etc (hinged to be self supporting).

Never had any breakages