Work wanted

Davie Mac

Hi,

I am looking for a career change and am posting here for advice! All comments welcome. I am 39 years old and regret not going into forestry when I had the chance some 20 years ago when Countys roamed the land clad with roof mounted cranes and 6 levers to operate!! I have 10 years experience driving both 360 and 180 diggers, 7 years experience as a Land Rover mechanic and a few years driving lorries(have class 2), and a hell of a lot of playing in the woods in between! My father has been a game keeper for over 30 years on the same estate and I have gained masses of experience thinning trees, burning hag, fencing, tractor driving etc. I own, maintain and regularly use my 372XP saw, I am looking for a Unimog at the moment. I am healthy, hard working and live in Perthshire, Scotland. I am looking to get a job with a bit of saw work, tractor work, can help with maintenance and am very capable at driving off road as I have competed at various levels at various modes of off road motor sport over the years. I have had various certificates in the past including digger and first aid but all but HGV and motorbike test have expired! I have no problem in sitting/passing qualifications as nec. I have looked at getting chainsaw certificates but would wait and get appropriate tests for career.

So, am fit, hard working and willing to learn. Need to get outdoors as I am being strangled working in a workshop 6 days a week! Happy to work with most machines! Not the best climber in the world. Hobbies, off road winch challenge events, hill walking, outdoors and all things mechanical! Help!!!