Help / Advice - Smallest Timberwolf TW13/75G

Andrewmpalmer2003

Hi all,

I've just purchased a TW13 as i run a garden. Maintenance. Company doing commercial and domestic. I've used for the 1st time today and I'm sure it's a learning curve. The large peices no issues at all. However the smaller peices of the large Pyracanthia hedge i was cutti g were to light to drop into the chipper.

I was thinking of making a pusher, something that would push the smaller stuff but would only go down to 6 inc from the blade!

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

Andrew

As I recall on my chipper course a push stick has to be a minimum of 1.5metres long. The operator has to be no less than 1.2m from the feed rollers and an additional 1ft or 300mm is added hence 1.5m.

I use a small eliet chipper/shredder and have a piece of 2"x 1" timber that I use to poke the difficult bits down. I just check it now and again when the old pencil sharpening thing happens and it becomes a little shorter. Stand it up to chin height for me for a rough guide. Or just use a straight bit of whatever your chipping.

Hope that helps.

I think the 13/75g is a great little machine!! I did a review on here last year. They love long straight pieces but you will allways struggle with things like hawthorn, blackthorn and tight knarly stuff!! I used put some smaller stuff in and fill the hopper then fire some bigger stuff through which in turn pushs/drags the small stuff through. If you oly have small stuff then it's lopper time!! I used a small woodend sweeping brush to prod things through also.

We,ve got a 13/75, good for narrow access work.

I use push sticks made from a branch about 2' long with a forked end about 4" across.

You can safely push all day with that as the hopper is so long.

On heavy conny let chipper clear before feeding more in or it may clog.

Cheers for all your tips, I have to go to a local metal fabricator for a few amendments to my trailer, like a small winch, for sole work with the chipper, it may be the smallest but pushing 188kg up a ramp, to much for me on my tod, he may be able to make me a simple gizmo !:-)

Hahaha been there!! taking 20ft runups down the street lol then trying to juggle a little stump grinder in at the back of it in a 8x4 cage trailer lol Good times:001_smile::thumbup: