2004 L200 back axle coming adrift ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Mitsubishi tell me the u-bolts which secure the axle to the leaf springs go for a pastime; I've replaced one side and it would appear as if the offside have done the same but I'm not 100% convinced. I will replace anyway but is anyone aware of other issues in this respect? The L200 in question does a lot of towing, on and off road and is in the woods daily, getting stuck and extracted, has a hard life tbh. If I measure from the centre of the hub cab to the bodywork on the offside it measures 20.5 inches; on the nearside 19.75 ! :blushing:

one of the things that gets over looked when changing the u bolts is that if you change them on one side then u need to change the other as well !! if not you can be sure that at some point in the near future you will have to change them any way !!! and at that point you again would not change both sides and the other side would eventually fail . My advice would be to change the u bolts on both sides !!

one of the things that gets over looked when changing the u bolts is that if you change them on one side then u need to change the other as well !! if not you can be sure that at some point in the near future you will have to change them any way !!! and at that point you again would not change both sides and the other side would eventually fail . My advice would be to change the u bolts on both sides !!

Well the nearside ones were only done a month ago so will do the offside and check both after a week or two.