Fungi analysis / identification service - offered by who ?

Craig F-J

Also:

Does anyone have experience of sending desiccated fruiting bodies through the postal system? Alice Holt state they require sample be sent as follows "Send in dry packing material in a stout cardboard box. Please do not use polythene bag since

these specimens will putrify quickly"

A dry packing material that is readily available - newspaper or similar springs to mind, but I envisage breakdown of this material during transport.

All input gratefully received.

I would guess Mr Humphries would point you in the right direction there.

Excuse my noseyness, but whats wrong with Alice Holt?

Your noseyness is of course excused :001_tongue: Nothing wrong with AH but the org I have in mind offer(ed) a package whereby for a set fee, 'X' amount of FB analysis would be carried out.

I have had it in mind since being made aware of this service that when the need arose I would take it up.

I have now sorted this out, thanks to those above for their input.

The Tree Advice Trust are having problems with their website at the moment so I will pass on what I now know.

The following info (applicable 10/12/12) comes from a conversation I have had with the Tree Advice Trust (Alice Holt Lodge):

£30 + VAT for a single analysis

£100 + VAT for 5 analyses - Known as the "High Level" Package

Fruit bodies - wrapped in grease proof paper and then packaged in newspaper (and in my case sent by parcel).

Payment: Cheque - download the Diagnostic Service Report Form from here Forest Research - Tree Health Diagnostic and Advisory Service and if you wish to take up the offer of the "High Level" package include a note saying words to that effect.

Cheers!