Figure of 8 on drt

GARY

Can't see much point to be honest, but one way would be to feed both ends of the rope to the ground and come down on the fig8 through both ropes. You'd still need a friction hitch of some description round both legs though so you really haven't gained anything, and lost a few minutes faffing about setting it up.

Do you mean drt or ddrt?

Fair point Dan, didn't notice that.... ipads...rubbish...:001_rolleyes:

Presumably this is after DRT footlocking up? If so then presumably the answer is probably no.... Only 1 leg will be reliably providing the friction round the waist of the 8, if one slips through your hands you're gone.... It would only be OK if both legs of the line are secured... but if that's the case you can SRT it anyway.... If it's just thrown over a limb then you're going to shoot down it as the free end runs through.... So I can't see how, unless you have 2 8's and run them simultaneously..... You'd be better off converting it to SRT with an alpine butterly when you reach the tip and come down the 8 SRT like that.....

just clip figure 8 underneath the HC/ pulley/ Prussik/ Spiderjack etc etc etc. with a bineer to side D or something simailar lower than normal system.

I.e bottom side D on Tree motion works great. could also use smaller bineer to shorten the distance. release pressure on hitch as normal then most friction will be on 8.

i use this setup in Pic alot, as you have all gear on your harness already. works mint too. bineer is off my Landyard, pull bight through main attachment bineer, clip into with landyard bineer, creates enough friction to hold you weight fully without the hitch, but the bonus of been safety attached.

Mog

DSCN1884.jpg.28b03aa18c4ce420652f5ce96a352ed3.jpg

Edited by MOG