Chipper grease

Acg128

There is a wide choice of grease products, some will be more suitable than others but none will be "bad" for the machine

Avoid the more exotic ends of the range such as high temperature and high load grease, primarily because they will cost more, however if I had some I wouldn't worry about using it, but it would be like feeding goldfish to the cat.

The simple fact is that as an application the bearings in a chipper aren't anything special.

any good LM2 grease is probably the cheepest and most avaliable type suited to the bearings on chippers etc

Personally i tend to use waterproof grease from John deere as it does everything i want and as i use the digger ditching etc it doesent dissapear with prolonged use in wet environments and most regular greases are soap based !

also it is Blue so i can see where stuff has been and not been greased easily :)

Edited by twistedhicap
left stuff out

Most general purpose grease will be both EP rated and rated for speed think of general greasing on machines like tractors and tellehandlers and excavators some is rotational loads slow speed eg wheel bearings some highspeed eg PTO shafts and flail head bearings and some is high load aplications like crane pins and boom pivots and stearing linkages and axle mounts all need good lubrication and the general purpose greases from the big suppliers will cover all these, how many farmers would have two or three grease guns and grades for every type of bearing situation ? not many some dont even have one good grease gun !