The Office

David Humphries

• 3 weeks later...
a truly magical place

Cheers jonny, it certainly can be.

Thanks for commenting. :thumbup1:

We get some 7 million visits a year, both regulars and london tourists, but I think the real beauty is watching the heath change over time, year on year & season on season.

27 years in and I feel that I know the very essence of the place, but it just keeps on giving & I keep on learning new things about her :001_smile:

It's probably no different or better than a whole heap of places like it, but it is special & London is lucky to have such a great open space that delivers on so many fronts.

Shamefully I have never been to Hampstead Heath. I really must fix that.

I know what you mean though - I managed a site (upland spruce plantation mainly, being slowly coverted to upland oakwood, with open dwarf shrub communities and some farmland) and over the 9 years I worked there never lost interest in the changing of the seasons, the flux in vegetation cover from one year to the next and most of all, the speed at which clear-fell areas reverted to diverse layers of heather, bilberry, foxglove, heath bedstraw, cotton sedge and then oak, birch, willow, spruce, pine and larch.

• 2 years later...

'The office' from a photographers perspective.

We're currently doing a bit of work with a wildlife photographer (Matthew Marran) getting him access to some lofty vantage points. Mewp at this stage, but potentialy via rope access later in the year

Matt took this at sunset last week toward the City of London from across the tree tops of Hampstead Heath.

Needs to be seen expanded to really appreciate it.

image.jpg.69932a4249fc0d244516a444c18c80dd.jpg

• 5 months later...