Arb Association welcomes new Chief Exec

AA Teccie (Paul)

Hi there Paul,

Devil's advocate and all that but it seems that the new CE has absolutely no background in the business, was that the case with the previous incumbent?

The previous CE "Nick Eden," was a self employed tree surgeon and TO I believe. It might be good to have someone from the outside word pushing the AA along..

An interesting time to take on the role of chief executive of the association.

How long does the office of CE last Paul?

Wish the good ship AA and all that sail in her a smooth course to navigate and a strong wind to bring her cargo home. :thumbup1:

Good morning David, hpe you're well.

The 'CE' is an employed role taking over from Nick Eden who was always referred to as Director but was actually CE also. Unlike AA Chairman which is voluntary and changes, generally, every year at the AGM the CE role is permanent.

Hence I hope Karen's office will last a long time.

Thank you for your best wishes..."aye, aye!"

Paul

Hi there Paul,

Devil's advocate and all that but it seems that the new CE has absolutely no background in the business, was that the case with the previous incumbent?

Hi Mick, hope yer well.

'On the contrary', the current CE has considerable "background in business", albeit not arb, but the skill set the Trustees were seeking when appointing didin't require that, Karen's got numpty's like me to familiarise her with the industry.

Personally, and no reflection whatsoever on the 'outgoing'/gone Director/CE Nick Eden who did a sterling job with the AA culminating in it achieving a long term aim in purchasing its own premises, but I think it's both quite refreshing and exciting to have a new CE with 'no previous'.

As Ben pointed out in the following post, the previous incumbent (Nick Eden), did have 'previous', as a forestry contractor - tree surgeon - LA Tree Officer.

Good morning David, hpe you're well.

The 'CE' is an employed role taking over from Nick Eden who was always referred to as Director but was actually CE also. Unlike AA Chairman which is voluntary and changes, generally, every year at the AGM the CE role is permanent.

Hence I hope Karen's office will last a long time.

Thank you for your best wishes..."aye, aye!"

Paul

All good thanks Paul, off for the best part of two weeks over the half term catching some quality family time.

Makes sense to not have a CEO's post hampered by time constraints.

Are you able to say what the main brief of this post is now, or is that something only the trustees are privy to at this point?

All good thanks Paul, off for the best part of two weeks over the half term catching some quality family time.

Makes sense to not have a CEO's post hampered by time constraints.

Are you able to say what the main brief of this post is now, or is that something only the trustees are privy to at this point?

Hi David, in all honesty I think the breif is very wide and general, i.e. to improve the 'business' of the Association, perhaps that is the key word and why they went for someone outside the industry but with proven business etc. skills.

That said, and to contextualise what I've said, Karen is looking forward to working in the 'not for profit sector' and has a a considerbale and impressive skill set to bring to the party...so, much fun to be had.

Now, in the nicest possible way, go and have family time...enjoy!

Paul

Hi David, in all honesty I think the breif is very wide and general, i.e. to improve the 'business' of the Association, perhaps that is the key word and why they went for someone outside the industry but with proven business etc. skills.

That said, and to contextualise what I've said, Karen is looking forward to working in the 'not for profit sector' and has a a considerbale and impressive skill set to bring to the party...so, much fun to be had.

Now, in the nicest possible way, go and have family time...enjoy!

Paul

Cheers Paul, thought as much with regards to the brief.

I guess a robust business model eventually paves the way for delivering a sustainable support and education program.

Off to the woods with the dog and kids in a while (coniferous, so no worries on bio-sanitisation with regards to chalara :001_rolleyes:)

Have a good day :thumbup1: