Rates of pay?

Treeman1

Hello people!

I only just joined yesterday so this is my first message. I just wanted to know about some of the rates of pay climbers are getting out there if you wouldn't mind sharing it? I been doing tree surgery for around 7 years and currently working on the railway. Been working there for 2 years and earning £100 a day self imployed. It's been constant work, but I can't see myself earning more there. As that's the sort of rates he pays. Can anyone share there wage that is self employed?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find different companies can afford to pay different rates, depending on their own business model...how much profit they are looking to make themselves and more importantly if they are charging you out at enough to pay you a higher rate. Best to find the companies who are charging more realistic rates for their work and can afford to pay more.

£100 a day is no wage for any self employed worker to earn IMO

8 hours shifts, don't always have to climb everyday but mostly do climb. Most of the time it will be big take downs, U have trains, overhead lines ect.. Your expected to work weekends and sometimes nights at the same rate. U can have random drug test at any time. The best thing about it is they supply all vans. If I need a van I will take it home for work or if not ill be picked up from my front door. So u save money there.

£100 a day is nothing i pay my climber 180.00 a day when i need him and just build it in to the job i think you should be getting at least 150 a day! do you supply your own saws ppe and climbing gear?

I don't have my own saws, but have all my own ppe n climbing gear. My boss is making everyone get there own saws and still keeping people on the same wage. I will get my own saws but im not willing to work for the same money he pays. That's why I've taken so long in buying my saws.

Edited by Treeman1

Wondering how many small business owners on here are taking out £500.00 a week (40 hs) without the worry of finding,, doing and running the business.

I know £100.00 p/d isn't setting the world on fire, but on a regular basis its over a year without running vehicles and such like.

As small businesses we all have good days and good earners, but I am looking at the average......

Steve

Ps; Sat morning, just doing paperwork, then off to grease chipper!!!!

sounds like your boss is on the make to me. If your not happy, and your sure you can earn more money elsewhere with the same amount of work...move on!. I'd say £150 a day is fair for an experienced S/E climber with own PPE and saw. Be careful though mate, the grass is always greener !