Processor Plans

Logs4you.co

Hi everyone really need some help. We are considering buying or building a wood processor. Trying to avoid the massive cost they are. I was thinking of getting a guy that we use to build it who is more than capable but trying to find some free plans. Anyone know where i can get some from or have some?

Problem is what happens if the machine fails and someone is injured as a result?, will your insurer cover that and if so at what cost. CE approvals are in force for some products and are I think coming to processors soon, I think that all that top brands are CE tested anyway.

A

Hi everyone really need some help. We are considering buying or building a wood processor. Trying to avoid the massive cost they are. I was thinking of getting a guy that we use to build it who is more than capable but trying to find some free plans. Anyone know where i can get some from or have some?

Is the price really that high for the productivity?! :sneaky2:

Have you tried building one? what happened? I am very interested because they are very expensive and seem reasonable simple.

Not built a firewood processor, but have designed and built several other machines, and also paid to have one piece of kit built because we didn't have machinery big enough to deal with the job.

various prices of stuff like gearboxes, bearings, machined shafts and conveyer belting and such will add up and it don't take long for one problem to add up to several hours to sort out which is fine if building it yourself but if you are paying someone by the hour it will soon add up aswell. unless the saving is substanial I wouldn't risk the safety/reliability issues to save what will not be that substantial an ammount

Keep an eye on the classifieds here, as regards people selling them Fuelwood have a decent reputation here. You tend to get what you pay for but I have found them fair to deal with. Dont think there is anyone down your end of the country selling them.

I may be looking to sell my JAPA 700 + JAPA manual log rack but not till at least next year and maybe even the year after. I am though in Northants.

A

A