The sawmill I am saving up for.....

Big J

I don't even know how much it is yet, but it's definitely the mill I want. God bless those Germans for producing a mill so sexy it should have an 18 certificate! :laugh1:

Wimmer Sawmills - Zenz Landtechnik GmbH

And a youtube video to demonstrate:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx7Q_emphvc]Wimmersäge BN110 - YouTube[/ame]

Just makes my LT40 look flimsy, slow and poorly constructed.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the price - ouch!

http://www.tecwood.com/fileadmin/user_upload/pdfdocs/pdf_SPECI/03-01-61-en.pdf

I did think it was going to be around the £50k mark though. It's really not that bad considering your LT40 with similar options is over £35k and doesn't look to be a shade on this mill.

Need to get the wife cracking on that grant application!

Looks amazing Big J but yep expensive.

Someone sent me the link of that bog oak - I know someone who had a fair bit from Wales a few years ago - it's the old 'that's worth a lot of money' and 'only if you can find someone to buy it!' scenario...

He had lots of interest, tyre kicking and very little actual sales! :sneaky2:

I knew of a Bagpipe maker who used it for the pipes.

That or ebony, 30 odd year ago, down Cookstown direction.

Smaller pieces mind.

We had quite a few misshapen lumps at the home place that is Co Londonderry (clue lies in the name from the Irish)

Over here in Co Antrim/ the Garry boog it is all bog Fir.

Wonderful fun getting that offen/from between ploughshares:lol:

:thumbup:to be fair jon,,if you keep sending out beautifull elm like you did to me,,you`ll get one,,,

Thanks for that Clive! If you feel so inclined, if you want to pop a photo or two online of the elm, that would be great. It really was quite special stuff, even by elm standards!

Welsh Wood - the Serras have a great reputation, but the Wimmer just seems a little bit more solid to me. I did some resawing of timber cut by a Serra the other week and quite a bit of it was wavey cut.

Either way, unless we win the lottery or get lucky with the grant applications, it's going to remain a fantasy for a bit!