anybody run a restricted o liecence

Dr.Green

bit of help realy , i wanted to go for a larger vehicle , iveco 5.2 possibly , so after my winter arb project is finished il should be able to carry easy 2t in waste rather than a poor transit load at the fraction of the cost to build.

now i understand the O liecence has all sorts of things attached to it such as cpc, regular checks and costs.

however the restricted liecence limits user to 50mile radias (i think and i only go that far) and no need for cpc.

ive worked in the motor trade since 98 so regualr checks on vehicle i could do myself.

so , i short , any body here run a restricted o liecence and carry out most of the work themselfs to keep costs down

Your not restricted on mileage on a restricted O licence, you could go international if you wanted.

No operators cpc needed, drivers cpc not likely for arb work.

Doing your own inspections and maintanence OK if you have the skills and equipment to do so.

Craig, where can I find this information? I would be interested in the restricted O licence if this is correct?

we have a restricted o license on a 7.5 ton tipper .simply speak to vosa they are most helpfull and they are there to assist you with all your questions dont be scared they are really good and most helpfull get in touch with your local vosa officer ours is a great guy and he will ensure you stay safe . remember if you are unfortunate to be in serious bother these are the guys who will be investigating so get them on your side in the first place .

Your not restricted on mileage on a restricted O licence, you could go international if you wanted.

No operators cpc needed, drivers cpc not likely for arb work.

Doing your own inspections and maintanence OK if you have the skills and equipment to do so.

Which very few people do, as it has to included "proper" kit to check headlight alignment, emisions testing, braking efficiencies etc.

It's likely to be far easier to have a maintenance agreement with a local garage.

It's an eec thing so in theory you could go europe wide, as long as you only ever carry goods for your own use (which may or may not be open for debate as you move a customer's chip?)

The other stumbler is that you have to have an "operating centre" to park your vehicle when not in use. You need planning permission for one and it needs to be both environmentally and security safe etc.

Paul, VOSA web site, or call them up I`ve aways found them help full on phone.

You`ll still to apply for the licence, news paper ad, some where you propose to operate from, proof of financial standing, exmaples of inpection sheets, and so on even though its a restricted licence.

We run a 6 ton iveco. Lot's of info on old threads.

Much better then a 3.5 tonner. We are legal, for a start, fit's a lot more in. The 12 weekly checks don't cost much. The only issue I have with it is getting folk who can drive them...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/24186-operator-licences-again.html

The other stumbler is that you have to have an "operating centre" to park your vehicle when not in use. You need planning permission for one and it needs to be both environmentally and security safe etc.

From memory your local council will be informed of you application as a statutory objector, but again I think not 100% though that you dont need planning if 2 or less vehicles on licence, but they can still object on any other gounds they feel like.