Graeme McMahon at the AA Conference

Amelanchier

This years format looks a lot less formal - including a BBQ with an Aussie legend showing footage of some of the most severely technical takedowns ever committed to film! Anyone who has seen the epic Tahune Euc dismantle isn't likely to have forgotten it; but just in case...

Graeme's company - Sherbrooke Tree Service

AA Arb Conference Details

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Amelanchier

I must have seen this video at least 30 times since it first hit you tube...it,s simply BREATHTAKING!!!..Nice soundtrack aswell.

agree with that,seen it over and over:thumbup:

thats the clip and the man that made me want to climb:thumbup:

loved the sountrack too,bought the chemical brothers album with it on.

It is such an atmosphric vid...the mist all around him...the loneliness of this one man chogging out those enormous rings...i even like his anchor point on what seems like such a skinny leader in comparisson with the huge tall trunk he,s working on..the grit at which he systematically ploughs into his task is inspiring....and he is no spring chicken...a testament to the wealth of experience this man has in the Art of tree removal....LEGEND!!!!!

I want to see the folding Euc vid again. Angus McMahon was going to dig it out and get it youtube but I dont think he ever did. Best video ever IMO but I dont think the quality of the film or the edit is anything like as good as the Tahune one.

• 2 months later...

I was lucky enough to see Graham's presentation last night at the AA conference...the YouTube footage really speaks for itself but to have the man himself present it with his own commentary in person was unmissable! I was not only impressed by what his team do but also inspired by his professional and down to earth attitude to working in situations which are pretty jaw dropping..it's great that graham was here sharing his experiences and also commendable that the AA arrange these types of events.

There's another thread running on the forum about the low turnout of working arbs at last nights BBQ/presentation...I luckily knew about it due to membership to the AA and so had the info sent to me in plenty of time to plan ahead. It was a shame there weren't more people there who are still out there climbing and on the tools.. I know there's loads of valid reasons why people can't make it to these things, is just a pity that these opportunities are missed by too many.

I got to this in the evening (thanks to a good boss!).

Inspiring for all the full on BIG tree work reasons...

To give you all a little flavour about the man himself; good, easy going aussie laid back style, delivered with obvious knowledge but with a lack of ego & a fine dry sense of humour. Definitely got both feet in the cutter/climber camp, but had a nice touch at the end on a positive note when he acknowledged there were both arbs & consultants in the same hall, & we could all benefit by working together more than we do at times...

Also he had some vids on of his work in the last year or 2, & more jobs in the pipeline that gave him a buzz. Inspiring thing was to see him is to realise he's got to be 50+ & still going strong. A Solid man :-)

Conrad